Monday, February 16, 2009

understand

i know it seems complicated.

my need for being understood isn't that i want people who dont get me now to start getting me... i just want to meet people who like me from the start.

that's why i struggle with wanting to be understood but not being willing to change the way i am for people.


i realized that today.

its been nice hanging out with people down here, i haven't shocked one person.

i think i only shock people who have known me for a long time and expect me to be what they've always known.

2 comments:

Flo Paris said...

That makes sense.
I miss you!

Beth McDermott said...

omg, NOOOO WAYYYYYYY!
People are more open minded in Southern Ca than they are in Whitetrashcaredneckdero?!?!?!?
SHOCKING!... in that case...
Im SO renting a uhaul and moving in next door! ;) (into the universe, into the universe, into the universe...)
and just so you know... we'll still take you back here in hicksvillmudholiodero if the beautiful people all turn on you or get really old and boring or if global warming melts all their faces and boobies off in a freak heat wave this summer... ;)