Monday, October 4, 2010

the best soup ever made

I have a tiny little cold and since the weather does as well I felt like making soup. I had a real delicious veggie full Minestrone at Rustic Canyon the other night so I thought I'd head that way in my recipe but make it my own :)


Vegetable Stock
Navy Beans
Garbanzo Beans
Diced Tomatoes
Celery
Carrots
Onion
Zucchini
Yellow Squash
Dried Thyme
Dried Sage
Bay Leaves
Sea Salt
Pepper

basically I just put the stock, beans, tomatoes and onion in a huge pot and brought it to a boil. While I was warming all of that up I sauteed the carrots and celery a bit. Once they were almost soft I put them in the pot, then added the zucchini and yellow squash. I put the seasonings in according to what looked and smelled good. I let it all cook for about 30 mins, then served it with Parmesan on top and fresh warm sourdough slices next to it!

It's too good.
It tastes like Christmas.

No comments: